Acton Veterinary Group in Granbury is seeking a kennel assistant to join our team. This entry-level position requires no previous experience, making it an excellent opportunity for individuals passionate about animals. The ideal candidate should possess a friendly and caring personality, be a dedicated team player, and have a genuine love for animals. At Acton Veterinary Group, we value both hard work and enjoyment in what we do. Our commitment extends beyond providing veterinary services; we prioritize client education and strive to collaborate with pet owners to deliver the best care for their beloved pets.
Always Striving to Be Our Best
Working with us means putting your best foot forward, day in and day out. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, and as a part of our team, and as a part of our team, those responsibilities become yours as well.
- Have a can-do, positive attitude
- No previous experience necessary. Our kennel assistant job is an entry-level position and is perfect for anyone looking to begin a career in the veterinary field!
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and be on your feet most of the day.
- Perform duties as a kennel assistant
- Take care of dogs, letting them in and out of kennels for bathroom breaks, play time, and daily walks
- Care for cats in their separate boarding area
- Administer medications to boarded pets
- Clean all dog and cat kennels
- Take on laundry duties for the hospital
- Complete general housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Work with others as a part of a team for providing exceptional pet health care
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Get
When you’re a part of our team, you’re a part of the family. Just as we treat each pet like family, we treat our employees the same, too. You’ll be part of an energetic, supportive team who will encourage you to explore your passions and continue to grow in your veterinary career. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, too.
Where You’ll Be Working
We have two animal hospitals in Granbury, Texas: Acton Animal Hospital and Morgan Street Animal Hospital. You may be asked to work in both or either location (but they’re very near to each other, so it’s not much of a hike!).